August 28, 2012

Caroline & Russell {Jekyll Island engagement photographer}

Several weeks ago, I received the sweetest email all the way from the U.K.!  Russell explained he and Caroline, his girlfriend of over 7 years, would be traveling to Jekyll Island for a long holiday and was interested in having a portrait session.  But this would be no ordinary portrait session - on Caroline's birthday, Russell was going to propose, and he wanted me to capture the moment!  How exciting!

Two weeks ago, the big day arrived, and early in the morning, the three of us made our way to Driftwood Beach.  I'm not sure who was more nervous...Russell or me!  When he felt the time was right, Russell asked Caroline to sit down, as if he were staging our next shot, then knelt down and popped the big question to a very surprised and happy Caroline!  What a joy to be a witness to such a heartfelt moment and capture it all with my camera!  Russell did a wonderful job designing a beautiful custom ring for Caroline, and she apparently thought so, too, because she just couldn't stop staring at it!

Congratulations, Caroline and Russell, as you begin this exciting new chapter of your life together.  I am so honored to have been such a big part of this new beginning and wish you a lifetime of happiness and much love!




Russell takes over...and Caroline looks a little suspicious...




She said YES!








And a new chapter begins...

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! It was so fun to be a part of this secret! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jennifer,

    I'm an amateur photographer living on my boat in Brunswick. I was googling around and found your blog. Amazing photos! You have a great eye. The narrative tells the rest of the story. This one put a lump in my throat.

    ReplyDelete