July 16, 2012

The Crawford Family {Golden Isles portrait photographer}

Brandi and I had been planning a portrait session for several weeks but just couldn't come up with the perfect location.  She wanted a session to celebrate Dillan turning one year old and also wanted to have some maternity photos done.  We knew what they were wearing, knew the concept of the session would be...but we wanted to find the perfect location.

Enter my friend Gina, who told me about her friend's property in Blackshear, Georgia.  Every year, Ronda & Robbie Sauls plant a giant patch of sunflowers on their farm, which are in full bloom for about a week.  When I saw some of the images Ronda had taken of the flower patch, I just *knew* that I had finally found the Crawfords a perfect setting for their session.

We all piled into a car and drove about an hour to Blackshear, and were hoping to beat out the crazy lightning storm that was quickly approaching.  Upon arrival, we were stunned at just how awesome the sunflowers were.  Dillan was fascinated with them!  We managed to make some magic happen in about 20 minutes just before the sun hid behind the dark clouds for good and the lightning was getting a little too close for us. 

We all agreed that the drive was well worth it: the flowers were gorgeous...and so are the resulting images!  I hope you enjoy this sneak peek at what I was able to create during our sunflower session.  I am in love!!






No comments:

Post a Comment