December 31, 2011

Manieka & Cedrick {Engagement}

I am happy to present to you my final engagement session of 2011...and a special one at that!

Manieka and Cedrick have been friends since the 5th grade and began dating during their senior year.  During their college years, they went their separate ways - Manieka earned her BS in Middle Grades Education, and Cedrick joined the Air National Guard and simultaneously earned his Bachelor's in Information Technology.  Despite the distance, they still kept in touch and remained friends.  In 2009, they reunited after 7 years, and on August 28, 2011, in front of their entire church congregation, Cedrick asked Manieka to become his wife.

Due to Cedrick's overseas tour beginning in early January 2012, the couple have really done a lot to plan out their wedding day.  Their venues are booked, their wedding coordinator is hired, and Manieka and Cedrick asked me to photograph their wedding.  I am so excited to be given the honor of capturing their wedding day in a way that will truly showcase the deep love they have for one another, their families and God.

Since Cedrick is not scheduled to return until a week or so before their wedding, we made sure to hold their engagement shoot immediately!  Manieka and Cedrick are very easy going and open to anything, which, for a photographer, is always a great combination!  We had a fantastic time during their shoot!  I was my usual creative self, climbing on benches, hanging off of window sills and laying on the ground...doing what I had to do to get those extra special shots they deserved.  And kudos to this couple who went along with it all because the results are just as stunning as they are!  (I mean, really...what a gorgeous couple!)

I'm so glad I was able to give Manieka and Cedrick beautiful images to hang onto this year while they will be apart.  A big "thank you" to Cedrick, for his service to our country.  I look forward to seeing them both on one of the happiest days of their journey together in October 2012.



 
























I love photographing couples during some of the happiest moments in their life together.  My availability for engagement sessions and weddings is going fast in 2012!  If you value amazing photography and are looking for the perfect photographer for your engagement session and/or wedding, look no further and contact me on the double at jenniferleighphotos@yahoo.com or 912.222.8369.  It would be my honor to photograph you!

No comments:

Post a Comment