April 10, 2011

Boudoir: Part Two

The art of boudoir photography is a very tricky one.  It comes down to one thing for me: light.  Whether natural or produced artificially, light - and possibly even more important, the absence of it - is the one key element to creating much more than a portrait.  Using light and shadow to sculpt both your subject and the message you are trying to convey on her body is a very delicate art.  Any small movement can change the whole landscape of the image and can sometimes create an even more stunning image.

Below are additional images models I worked with in Jacksonville two weeks ago to create a variety of portraits, all with different styles of light.  I don't prefer any one style over the other - I love the challenge of making them all work.

Enjoy!

SB900 flash and strobe



Strobe and softbox



Au natural light



1 comment:

  1. Jen, They all look great, but I especially love the light on the last two! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete