February 17, 2010

I Love The Beach 5K

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of photographing the I Love The Beach 5K on Saint Simons Island, GA with my photog buddy, Kim. We had a BLAST! What began as a crummy day weather-wise, turned into a beautiful afternoon with blue skies. Well over 200 runners showed up for the event and braved the cold wind that blew in off the water. I had an incredible time photographing runners near the turnaround point. What I really loved was motivating the runners as I was taking their pictures. They often rewarded me with a big smile or a thumbs up.



Get your running shoes ready...and winter coat!







The first runner makes his way past the beach homes to the turnaround!




I was greeted with many happy faces despite the cold.







Runners with the Lanier Bridge on the horizon




Motivating runners as they passed me was a BLAST!













I hope I can run a 5K when I'm in my eighties, just like Bob!










Bob checking his time as he crosses the finish line




Kim and her camera at the finish line - www.lifesstories.net




The top three runners in each category were awarded with shell trophies.







Kim and I had so much fun, we will be photographing the Bridge Run this coming Saturday on the Lanier Bridge, where over 1200 participants are expected! We hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment