January 24, 2010

Sheltered Subjects - 1.23.10

Like every Saturday morning, I travel out to Glynn County Animal Services and photograph the new available dogs at the shelter. Then I usually tag along to their mobile adoption site and take more photographs, where I get to spend more individual time with the dogs and, hopefully, get the chance to take some better shots. (It's always a little hectic and rushed at the shelter Saturday mornings prepping for the mobile, so my chance to get good shots are very limited.) Sometimes it takes 20 minutes to get a few good shots of one dog, and that is where my patience comes in...and sometimes pays off.

This week, I had an exceptional model - Angela. She is very calm and happy and made a great photography subject. I am so proud of this shot. It's been a while since I have been this happy about one of my dog photos.



Angela


Here are other dogs that are available for adoption:



Layla




Calista




Buttons




Anna




Ranger




Loki

"Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved."

No comments:

Post a Comment