December 24, 2009

Christmas Came Early

Well, I've known this for a few days, but I'm just getting around to blogging about it now. I received a letter from the Hallmark Institute of Photography - my dream school - congratulating me on my acceptance! I am one of about 200 students who have been accepted into the class of 2011, and I'm really in disbelief!

And if I wasn't in disbelief already, I read the other enclosed info...the updated tuition and fee info. WOWZERS! Not including a place to sleep and food to eat, the tuition for the 10-month intensive program is $48,900 and the various fees are $8,500. Add in some rent if I had 3 roommates and some money for ramen soup, and the end cost is right around $60,000.

While that seems like a lot (who am I kidding, that IS a lot), I'm going to concentrate on the excitement that I was actually accepted into the school, and then see how much financial aid and loans I am eligible for. I am also taking donations. I apologize, but they are not tax deductible at this time. :)

So there is my news... I'm one step closer to reaching my goal of becoming the best photographer I can be AND supporting myself comfortably while doing so...and this makes me very, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment